● Walk on the foot path.
● In the absence of a foot path, walk on the extreme
right of the road so that you may see to on coming
traffic in front and may hear the sound of the
traffic behind you.
● At night, wear white or carry something white.
● Cross roads at Pedestrians (Zebra) crossings over
bridges or sub ways.
● Before you cross the road look your right, left
and again to your right sides.
● You should know your way before taking a turn or
going across. Proceed decidedly, making sure that
you do not come in anyone's way.
● Follow the electrical traffic signals or the
police man' s direction and then cross the road.
● Keep your presence of mind when you are on the
● You should readily help the children, the aged,
the ailing, the injured and the blind in crossing a
● While crossing a road, make sure that you can se
the road clearly. Don't try to find your way among
the stalled vehicles.